Thursday, July 17, 2014

Headlock centipede

Headlock centipede drill

Made a new drill last night. I put everyone in a line facing one direction.  Then I faced the last person in that line and over punched.  Which is to say that I over-stepped, turned too much, and punched without reserve.  The person in front of me then moved behind me and put me in a headlock.

After getting out of the headlock, I moved to the next person in line and proceeded to punch too hard again. Again there was another headlock.  Once I moved on from the 2nd person to the 3rd in the same procedure, the 1st person in line turns and punches too hard at the 2nd person. I'll try this drill again a few times.

How to get out of a headlock:
1. grab the arm around your neck and pull down to clear your wind pipe
2. Where ever your head is in relation to your butt, move it into a straight up and down line
3. Move your leg behind your opponents, and place your knee into the back of their leg so they can't move
4. Regain your center line while standing up.

If done fluidly, your speed and structure will put you in a winning position.  Fill the gap after pushing them off you or turn and run if that's the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment